Friday, October 15, 2010

Invincible


Well just when you think you're invincible, your two year old daughter
drops tickle me elmo on your foot and you can't run anymore. Well
thats pretty much what happened this week. Just a little update on my
running. I've been training all year for a 50 mile race. Well it's a week from
Saturday. I've put in a lot of time. My furthest run has been 40 miles. In had
been running atleast a marathon or further every monday for the past two
months. Well I made it to my last week of training and Daisy Drops Tickle
me elmo right on my toe. It hurt real bad. Then the next day i get the bright
idea to do an 8 mile run, and try to do it at a Boston qualifying pace. Just to
see if I could. Well i did, but the next day i tried going for a run and couldn't make
it 3 houses down the road. So I took this entire week off. Pretty depressed about
what happened. But this is not the end of the story. My foot is feeling better and
I plan to run the race next Saturday. Not even Elmo can stop me. So, yes i'm scared
to death to run that far, even before I hurt my foot I was scared and I know this
will be one of the biggest challenges of my life.
But sometimes the moments that challenge us the most, define us.

6 comments:

James said...

You can do it! I will piggy back you at mile 30

April said...

You'll do awesome!! Love u!

Joe said...

I have faith in you that you can complete the 50 miler, I'll say a special prayer that day, we'll all be thinking of you. Congratulations on making it this far. Love you, Dad

April and Davey said...

thanks for the support guys!

Rochelle said...

You can do it, I'll piggy back both of you at mile 49.5. GET BETTER FOOT< GET BETTER FOOT> GET BETTER FOOT!! And Kill Elmo

Rosanne Orgill said...

way to go Davey I love that you are so determined to run the 50 miler, I would have used that as an excuse to get out of it, way to go, nice job. In your face Elmo:)

LETS TALK SPANISH

via IFTTT